Friday, January 7, 2011

Johnny Weir Confirms He Is Gay In Memoir

Johnny Weir Confirms He is Gay in Memoir



Taken From Yahoo News
Updated: Thursday, 06 Jan 2011, 6:59 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 06 Jan 2011, 6:59 PM EST

(NewsCore) - After repeatedly dodging the issue of his sexual identity, US men's figure skater Johnny Weir confirms he is gay in his upcoming memoir, the website AfterElton reported Thursday.

In "Welcome to My World," Weir openly identifies himself as gay after previously dodging the issue, telling fans on his website in 2006 "I don't feel the need to express my sexual being...I can sleep with whomever I choose and it doesn't affect what I'm doing on the ice."

While Weir said he is "sexually gay" he does not completely rule out a relationship with a woman.

"In a sexual way, I'm gay," the 26-year-old "Skating with the Stars" judge wrote in his book.

"But I would marry a woman tomorrow if it struck me. I don't think sex and relationships necessarily have to go together," he added.

Known for his extravagant costumes and dramatic skating style, Weir is a three time United States Figure Skating champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment